1. Acknowledgement of Your Right to Privacy. At AofL, we believe the confidentiality and protection of personal information is one of our fundamental responsibilities. While information is critical to providing quality products and services, we recognize that one of our most important assets is your trust. Thus, the safekeeping of personal information is a priority.
2. Our Collection, Retention, and Use of Information about You. Information obtained about you (and subject to this Policy) is limited to the information that is voluntarily provided by you via this Website. AofL employs “cookie” technology to gather limited information about site visitors. A “cookie” is a small text file that a website can place on your computer or mobile device to, for example, collect information about your activity on that site (e.g., which pages you visited, which web browser you are using, etc.), or simply to “remember” your preferences. The cookie relays information back to the website’s servers. AofL may use “cookies” (or similar technology) to make it easier for you to use AofL’s Website. If you want to prevent this from happening you can set your browser to do so.
We limit the use of your personal information to that which is necessary to administer our business and provide information that is of interest to you. We will use this information only in accordance with the principles set out in this Policy.
3. Limiting Employee Access to Information. Employee access to personally identifiable information is limited to those with a business reason to know such information. Employees with a business reason to access your data could include those employees responding to “Contact Us” inquiries made by you, employees on our Human Resources team responding to an employment inquiry from you, and our technical/information technology staff.
4. Security Procedures to Protect Information. We maintain security standards and procedures to help prevent unauthorized access to confidential information about you. We update and test our technology to improve the protection of our information about you and to assure the integrity of our information.
5. Restrictions on Disclosing Information to Other Parties. We do not sell, rent, or otherwise reveal specific information about your personally identifiable data. Therefore, your personal information will not be used for the purpose of independent telemarketing or direct mail marketing of any products or services by third parties.
In certain instances, we may be ordered by a governmental entity or court (or similar tribunal) to share your information with that entity or in connection with a court proceeding. In such instances, we will share your personal information without your consent, as required to do so by a law enforcement or government agency, court order or similar document compelling us to do so in order to comply with applicable law, or to protect our legal rights or the legal rights of others.
6. Disclosing Our Privacy Commitment to You. We want you to understand how we use the information you provide and our commitment to ensuring your personal privacy. If you have any questions about how AofL protects your confidential information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Assignment of Information. AofL reserves the right to transfer, sell, or assign the information we collect to any entity that purchases or otherwise should obtain the information in connection with a merger, consolidation, change of control, reorganization, or liquidation of all or part of AofL’s business or businesses, or similar transaction regardless of how it may be structured.